Landlord gas safety certificates Telford - boiler servicing
Need a landlord gas safety certificate ? Call our fully qualified gas engineer in Telford, Shropshire
Call 07393 220 694 now to book your landlord Safety Certificate - from only £49
Landlord gas safety certificates and tenant safety is rightly a top priority for any responsible landlord. We offer Gas safe landlord safety certification from only £49. We're based in Telford, Shropshire and we also cover Shrewsbury too.
Having your appliances inspected by a registered gas engineer should be as normal as taking your car for an MOT. It's a legal requirement and ensures your appliances are safe to use and are working efficiently. A landlord gas safe certificate will ensure your legal obligations are met. Want your boiler service to take place at the same time? give us a call for a quote to have your boiler service along with a landlord safety certificate.
Private homeowners are under no legal obligation to have their appliances gas safety checked yearly (although you will lose your manufacturer warranty if you don't), landlord's on the other hand, have a legal obligation to ensure all their gas appliances are safe to use on a yearly basis - by a gas safe engineer.
Landlord Safety Certificate from £49
Homeowner safety check/ boiler service from only £49
Covering Telford & Shropshire (plus surrounding areas)
Landlord Safety Certificate Telford, Shropshire
Landlords have specific legal responsibilities
to their tenants when it comes to gas safety
Understanding the law for rental accommodation
As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. Landlords duties apply to a wide range of accommodation, occupied under a lease or license, which includes - but does not exclusively apply to:
- residential premises - provided for rent by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, housing co-operatives, hostels
- rooms let in bed-sit accommodation, private households, bed and breakfast accommodation and hotels
- rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and narrow boats on inland waterways.
The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlord duties to make sure all gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe.
If you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:
- Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
- Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years.